SEO is a long-term game. One that you’ll never win if you don’t start out with the best practices.
So many things can help with SEO, from getting your website up to speed with modern coding practices to creating strong content that people love reading and sharing.
Use the right keyword in your title
Here’s a list of things to do with your title tag:
- Use the keyword in your title tag, but don’t repeat it.
- Use the keyword in your meta description.
- Use the keyword in your URL.
- Ensure the page body contains that keyword at least once or twice (but not too many times).
- Make sure there is an image on the page that contains that word as part of its alt text and/or image file name (if you have images on the page). You can even include this word multiple times within both files if needed: for example, an image file named “SEO-Checklist-for-Your-Website” could also have an alt text value like “An SEO Sharjah Checklist for Your Website”. The idea here is that when someone sees these words together, they’ll understand what’s going on without having to click through first!
Optimise the meta description.
Meta descriptions are the snippets that appear in search results. They can influence click-through rates, so it’s important to optimize your meta description for each page.
The ideal length is between 150 and 160 characters (including spaces). This is because Google truncates shorter descriptions at 160 characters and longer ones at 165 characters.
It’s also a good idea to make sure your meta description is unique on each page because Google will show one copy if there are duplicates on different pages or subdomains of your site.
If you have several pages with similar content, then use a master file containing all the relevant information and update it as needed instead of manually editing each individual file.
Optimize image alt text.
Alt text, in case you’re unfamiliar, is the alternative text that appears when a user hovers over an image without clicking on it. Screen readers and search engines use alt text to describe images.
Have a clear URL structure
The quality of your URLs is critical to the success of your website. It’s important that you use hyphens instead of underscores (_) in your URL structure and dashes (-) instead of underscores in subdomain names as well.
The keyword should be included as part of the URL, its subdomain name, directory name and file name. If possible, it should also be used in the file extension (e.g., .html).
Improve site speed.
- Make sure your site is fast. This is one of the most important things when it comes to SEO and user experience. People won’t stay on a slow site, and that means they won’t be reading the content you worked so hard to create!
While there are many other SEO tips and SEO Service Sharjah out there, this list should be enough to get your site started. Now that you know what you need to do to improve your site’s search engine ranking go and do it!